[Theforum] New feature suggestions

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue Nov 13 16:19:58 CST 2001

.jeff wrote on 13/11/01 6:44 pm

>> but, what about articles that were written a year ago?
>> they've obviously been read more times than an article
>> submitted yesterday, but if we put a counter on each
>> article, they'd all start at zero, which would be
>> unfair maybe..
>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>
>yeah, i feel the same way.  in order for a feature like this to be
>effective, we'd pretty much need to grep the logs and make a determination
>about the number of views any piece of content has received.  that could
>potentially be alot of work.

Do we have the monthly reports saved separately? If so, it's only
24 or so pages to go through, rather than reanalysing the logs.

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland