[Theforum] Re: [Admin] Re: langs (was: 17320)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 14 01:14:10 CST 2001

> From: Martin <martin at members.evolt.org>
> >
> >do you mean <html lang="en-us">?
>
> Yup.
>
> >if so, that's not true, that's not a UI element, it accurately
> >represents the content of the page...
>
> For your articles yes. Not for mine, though. Or Isaac's.

no, but it represents the content of the site structure at the very
least...

which means the container for each non en-us article would need
to have a unique lang attribute...

which means the en-us is still the best thing to stuff into the

> ooh - another fun related thing: comments...
> I'm just imagining a screenreader reading out a set
> of comments made by people in the US, Australia and
> here, with the appropriate lang set.

i'd rather not, screen readers are too slow for my tastes, and they
never pronounce my name well...

anyway, we can stuff a lang attribute on any container, so the page
would be en-us, the article could be es, and comments could be
anything, really, each one different...