[Theforum] New feature suggestions

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Nov 15 06:03:08 CST 2001

At 03:32 AM 11/11/2001, you wrote:
>my personal opinion is that the problem is not in how to communicate the
>desire for the article, but in motivating potential authors to write it --
>and the best vehicle for this, again speaking just for myself, is comments
>on thelist

Sorry for commenting on this so late, Rude, but I just thought of it.

As I tried to convince a friend to write an article on Evolt, he asked
about recognition. I said, "well, you're identified as the author and you
own the copyright". But he pointed out that only the user name was shown
there, not anything more about the author (not even a name).

This got me thinking. I reckon it wouldn't be a bad idea to add some
biographical, perhaps funny, info about the author at the end of articles.
For example:

"John Doe is the lead developer at [company], where he bangs out bytes to
try and make the world a connected place. When he isn't busy juggling Java
code, he likes to relax with a glass of wine and listen to Metallica.
Crazy? Absolutely."

What do you think, theforum? Publicity is often good motivation.

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net