[Theforum] RE: Member stats (was: [thesite] [bug] t.e.o. - blah blah)

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Mon Nov 19 17:39:17 CST 2001

spinhead wrote on 19/11/01 11:15 pm

>I DO see value to a list of 'articles rudy rated 4+' so I can judge their
>value (somewhat subjectively, albeit) based on rudy's opinion, which I might
>conceivably decide I respect. Averaging ratings only tells me something
>about an author, not a rater.

oooh, metamoderation... or reputation agents...

Good useful stuff - if the rater wants to have their ratings used that
way. I do know that any db article Rudy ranks highly *will* be
top quality, so his opinion does matter.

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland