[Theforum] +1/-1 - Graphical Ratings Bar

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Wed Nov 28 13:43:11 CST 2001

> A few suggestions have been made which still need to be incorporated into
> the final design including:
>
> * Adding more space/padding between the graphical bar and the radio buttons
> to select the rating.
> * Modifying the wording for clarity.
> * Something else wrt the table's border, but I don't remember what that was.
> ;)
> * Adding to the CSS files, a class for the colour of the bar.
>
> Anyway, what say everyone ..
>
> (1)  Do we add the graphical representation of the ratings?

+1 with listed changes

> (2)  And, part two of this .. do we use the "new" rating scale of poor,
> average, good, very good, excellent?  (A "-1" to this indicates we keep the
> original rating scale of bad, poor, okay, good, great!!).

aard makes a good point about the ratings change.  I do like the new terms
better than the old terms though and the rating scale isn't changing, only the
words defining each segment ( ex: 1-1.9 now is "bad", would become "poor" ---
2-2.9 now is "poor", would become "average").

+1 if my above understanding is correct.