[Theforum] finishing up thesurvey

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Nov 28 15:33:24 CST 2001

At 03:14 AM 11/28/2001, Daniel J. Cody typed these words:
>http://members.evolt.org/djc/evolt/surveydraft.html
>
>any other *major* concerns with that from anyone? speak now or forever
>hold thine peace :)

Apologies for the late post. As I explained, my phone line was down for a
day, so I couldn't connect to the Net.

Observations:

3. Which part of evolt.org do you use the most?

I feel we could rewrite this as "What parts of evolt.org do you use?" and
change the radio buttons to check boxes. This will give us richer data for
analysis and also eliminate the need for questions 1 and 2 in the "other"
section.

Minor quibbles:

a) If possible, I'd like to replace some of the labels for rating of skills
from:
         Know it All, Know it Most, Reasonably Proficient, Still Learning

to:

Expert, Advanced, Intermediate, Beginner

Not really a show-stopper problem, though. But "Know it most" somehow
doesn't seem grammatically correct :P

b) "XML-XLS" should read "XML-XSL"

c) "1a. Would you like to be contacted in regards to this survey?" is
verbose. Change to "Would you like to be contacted regarding this
survey?"   :))

>does anyone want to help me out writting something up announcing our
>survey so the maximum amount of people possible take it?

Yeah, I'll help out with if you like. Have you got something ready that
needs editing or are you yet to write it?

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net