[Theforum] Article: Community News - Category Definitiion (First Draft)

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Nov 28 19:36:39 CST 2001

> Ok, how's it look now .. I added a sentence to the first paragraph.
>
> http://members.evolt.org/Mishka/art_comnews_cd.htm

two things:

 - it's a static definition, so saying "follow shortly" will have to be an
interim measure until we can get something in place. that's pretty obvious.
anyway..

 - reword to:

---

The Community News category will eliminate communication gaps between site
visitors, members and participants on the various evolt.org mailing lists.
It will provide one place for you to keep up on the latest additions and
features to the evolt.org web site and serve as an information source
announcing new lists, sub-sites, and projects. It will replace Dan's blog
(link) as the source of information for those with members.evolt.org
webspace, and provide an on-site duplicate for important announcements sent
to our lists.

A regular community newsletter detailing the adventures and accomplishments
of members will also feature here; more details on this new project to come
in the near future.

So, if you're hosting a Beervolt in your area, hoping to coordinate the next
CodeFest, or read up on planned Evolticons, this is the place to look.

---

> btw, is Evoltcon spelled correctly?  Did I miss anything else?

i think evoltcon might be used more often, but we could standardise either
way. i don't mind evolticon as joel has suggested.