[Theforum] Re: Article Approvals

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Thu Nov 29 15:19:39 CST 2001

From: "spinhead" <evolt at spinhead.com>

| (my reply to this and elfur)
| Well, in practical terms, if folks outside the building wanna get in,
| someone inside has to open the door, right? If we're trying to open up
| 'admins' to be closer to 'theforum' that's great, but realistically,
either
| the whole admin group agrees (like, um, voting) or a single admin does it
| unilaterally, or some admins do it without notifying the other admins or
| waiting for consensus.
|
| I have the impression in the past that privileges were extended based on
| consensus of existing admins. I don't see why that would change. Should
it?

in my opinion yes and no :/

but again, this is the core disagreement within admin.

we need to have an administration team and we need to have some
restrictions surrounding it.

we need to make sure that people know of the administration team behind
evolt.

but, we need to make sure that if you work for it you can get there (and no
you don't have to work hard, just show some kind of enthusiasm for
evolt.org in some undefined way).

we need to make sure that the administration group is not seen as some
elitist group of individuals that won't let anyone in, it isn't and it
hasn't been, but it has been argued that some feel it is.

last but certainly not least ... we need to make sure that a certain amount
of people are always active in this administrative group ... and therefore
have the group large enough and flexible enough that it can cater for
temporary absence.

thanks
elfur