[Theforum] who gets to edit articles

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Thu Nov 29 16:04:52 CST 2001

From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>

| heh. thanks for catching that elfur, it is what i meant to say. 'trusted
| people' in an open forum is what i think is best. its been a long week ;)

thought that's what you might be striving for :).

| > that way you first start viewing your opinion by subscribing to
theforum
| > and then you get added responsibilty by being approved to admin if you
want
| > to be an admin.
|
| it takes more than being on the admin list to be an 'admin' in my mind.

but why? isn't it a fact that you're on the admin list to 'admin' ? true
not all there are active, but that just means that they aren't active.
i would love to hear your argument for the difference of the two. plus
deliberation of your part as to whether there should be a difference or
not.

| > so do you want theforum in general, as it is at any given time, to be
the
| > one to decide who is trusted? or am i misunderstanding something?
|
| the 'trusted people in an open forum' idea. the open forum of that being
| this list.

ok, but the trusted people need a venue to handle the administration.
basically, it seems to me that the only difference of an opinion between
you and me is the venue. i think that the venue for the trusted people
should be 'admin at lists.evolt.org' since that's where the configuration is
pointed anyway, where as i think you want it to be something else?
right?

or maybe not, maybe i'm just halucinating :)

thanks
elfur