[Theforum] Re: Article Approvals

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Nov 30 16:53:43 CST 2001

> I'm sorry, I don't follow what you're trying to say here.
> Could you clarify?

yeah, sorry, i noticed in a few recent emails here that there was some talk
of "editors" and "admin" as though they were separate groups of people, and
dan's comment about how it takes more than being on the admin list to be an
administrator (which totally messed up my head)

i want to use "admin" to mean only those people with admin privileges

right now, this is congruent with everybody on the admin list, plus perhaps
matt, as i just noticed his post where he says he does admin tasks but is
not on the admin list anymore

FACT:  there has to be a list for people doing admin tasks (where else
would the automated article announcements and evolt emails go?)

PROPOSAL:  the above list should be admin at lists.evolt.org

anybody have a problem with that?

as far as the idea that there are a bunch of "insiders" that will vote on
who else gets to be an "insider" i don't really care how that's handled --
but please, let's not create *another* friggin list, we've already got two
too many

and if all we're talking about for the time being is give a few more people
admin privileges (i.e. as long as we're not talking about board of director
level stuff) then i personally think that this list, theforum, is more than
adequate for that decision

so basically i want to use "admin" to mean priv=3

if a few admins choose not to be on the admin discussion list, that's fine
with me too

helps?

rudy