[Theforum] Re: +1/-1 - Graphical Ratings Bar

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Dec 1 18:36:58 CST 2001

Warden, Matt wrote on 11/28/01 8:05 PM

>Michele asked:
>>(1)  Do we add the graphical representation of the ratings?
>
>-1

-1 from me, too. Sorry.

>>(2)  And, part two of this .. do we use the "new" rating scale of poor,
>>average, good, very good, excellent?  (A "-1" to this indicates we keep
>>the original rating scale of bad, poor, okay, good, great!!).
>
>+1. I like it better and it will hopefully dissuade people from rating
>every article a 5, or even a 4.

+1 From me too. I can see there'll be a bit of pain at the change,
but I think the end result is worth it.

>Personally, I'd like to see the 3 somehow conveyed as "evolt's average",
>but I don't know how we'd do that. But, this is certainly an improvement.

FAQ item with longer explanations of each set of criteria?

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland