[Theforum] blah blah. Or, who gets to edit articles

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Sun Dec 2 18:20:51 CST 2001

From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>

| elfur -
|
| "it's never ceased to amaze me how much time people can put into argueing
| the future of evolt and which way it should be run, and by who. Yet when
| asked to actually do something tangible for evolt besides postulating its
| future, they're out of time."
|
| my problem is not with people(like you and i were) discussing the
| future. rock on. i should have been more clear. my problem is with those
| people who exclusivley discuss the future without doing anything else.

ok

| thats just me. call it whatever you want, but its my OPINION that those
| who do the work(not just coding either) should be the ones who's opinions
| are weighed the heaviest when desicions(like the future of evolt) are
| made. again, opinion.

ah, so what we need to do first is define the word "work"

ok, let's do that.
(and no, i'm not patronizing you, although it might be seen as such, i'm
just trying to work our way through this mess.)

from dictionary.com:

"Physical or mental effort or activity directed toward the production or
accomplishment of something."

from my own mind:
"work is what you do to evolve [the working object] to the next stage"

so, what's your definition and how come doesn't  'planning the future of
evolt.org' fit in there as a basic work to get your opinion weighed?

thanks
elfur