[Theforum] [survey] skill level

Chris Spruck cspruck at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 12 23:13:27 CST 2001

At 10:15 AM 12/13/01 +0530, Madhu Menon wrote:

>One person wrote in his suggestions:
>
>"Not all of us are web guru's maybe a section for those less skilled but
>above complete novice."
>
>This was interesting. I was wondering if we should mark our articles
>according to the "difficulty" or "skill level".
>For example: "Difficulty: Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced/Expert"
>
>Maybe one day, we can allow viewing articles by skill level. Of course,
>that would involve a CMS change.

I definitely agree and like this idea a lot. I feel like I'm one of the
"in-betweeners", which is a large part of why I rarely rate articles,
haven't written my own article yet, and so forth. Just seems like there are
LOTS more people here that are WAY more qualified than I. I do a lot of
web-related work, but I'm all over the map, so I don't get to guru level in
any one thing and I'm not constantly developing an entire site top to
bottom, where I can use 98% of what I get through evolt.

Definitely count me in if and when there becomes a plan to address this
somehow - this is me to a T.

Intermediately,

Chris