[Theforum] Dan's 3rd birthday article

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Dec 16 12:34:36 CST 2001

http://www.evolt.org/article/rating/25/18629/index.html

Guys, I understand that we're all gung-ho about evolt's 3rd birthday and
all, but we should be using ratings to judge the content of the article,
not what it's about. We've talked about this time and time again on admin
about *members* doing this and how we can make it clearer what ratings are
for, but we seem to be turning around and doing the same thing.

That's like m,e rating an ASP article a 5 because... I really like ASP.

Maybe I'm assuming incorrectly, though. But, (no offense to dan) do you
really think his article is a 5? If you want to see a 5, check out
adrian's "Inside the evolt.org Rebuild: The HTML and CSS"
(http://www.evolt.org/article/rating/20/5816/index.html). I mean,
right now, dan's bday article is the 3rd-rated article on evolt. There are
many, many, many other articles that should be above that article (and
above mine -- someone knock that down a notch, too).

Anyways, I don't mean to say that we should start rating really low to
make it what we think it should be. That would be worse. Basically, ignore
all the above and just lemme say this:

Make sure you're rating the article itself, and not what the article is
about. [insert stuff about being examples and making sure the ratings
mean as much as they can mean]

Thanks,

--
mattwarden