[Theforum] [survey] donations

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Tue Dec 18 13:42:19 CST 2001

<snip>
... some discussion I deleted about liability in US corporations and
NFPs ...
</snip>

It's been quite a while since I looked at these things, but I seem to
remember a position called "statutory agent" ... it was usually a paid
position {that I always   *strenuously* declined}.  My (potentially
mistaken impression) was that if a judge sentenced the 'company' [MS for
example] to 'five years hard labor' ... it was the statutory agent that
actually did the time.

It looks like some companies serve as 'statutory agents' for a fixed
annual fee in the $55 to $120 a year range. (from google search)

[Arizona, for example, seems to require these buggers for every business
and even every landlord.]

RonL.
(... enduring flash backs to dealings with less than reputable folks
wending their way through incorporation proceedings ...)