[Theforum] quick downtime..

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Dec 27 10:25:26 CST 2001

On Thursday, December 27, 2001, at 01:31  pm, McCoy, Alan wrote:

>> [root at oreo linux]# uptime
>>   1:30pm  up 79 days, 51 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.14, 0.58, 0.39
>
> That's because Linux rocks.

My OS X box has had the following downtime in the last month:
* A couple of reboots with upgraded system software ("Dear Apple -
    is this *strictly* necessary?")
* One incidence of IE5.1 refusing to pick up web proxy info for
    all users without a reboot. And as our ISP sucks if you try to
    submit complex forms (submitting an evolt article classes as
'complex')
    without the proxy, this was kind of important.

The actual BSD core has been sweet as a nut.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,