[Theforum] IRC Bot - thepfy

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Fri Dec 28 09:30:04 CST 2001

Hi John,

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Corry" <john at neoncowboy.com>

| Hi #evolt IRC users.
| :)
|
| > | first of all, i don't feel that this message should have been sent to
| > | public forum as it's a personal issue between you and martin.
however,
| > | since you've brought it up, i have some things to say about the topic.
| >

| > I've had conversations with Martin on this subject in private in the
past.
| > They have obviously not been taken into consideration.  I would
| > like to give
| > the other users of IRC the opportunity to weigh in with their
| > thoughts/concerns on the issue as well.
|
| Please remember, I'm real new at a) theforum, b) #evolt & c) IRC in
general.
| Weigh my response according to my obvious newbieness...
|
| I didn't realize upon first participating in the IRC channel that thebot
was
| logging everything, but it's OK...with a name like thebot, what can you
| expect him to do? As a user, I'm not bothered by that at all.

thebot, has been with the evolt IRC channel since its inception.  John H.
(genghis) looks after it.

Eliza was created shortly after the channel opened, with the intended
purpose of her (it?) assisting with Board/Admin meetings.  i.e. recording
voting and such.  Eliza has since been removed from the channel.  Dean
(ourborous?) created her.

thepfy is a new bot.  Martin has full control over this bot.  I'm not sure
why we need yet another bot.

Hope this clarifies.

Michele