[Theforum] IRC Bot - thepfy

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Dec 28 16:29:46 CST 2001

On Friday, December 28, 2001, at 10:13  pm, Ron Dorman wrote:

>>> the way i interpreted your responses was that you launched the bot for
>>> your
>>> personal learning and troubleshooting of the bot code.
>>
>> Which is exactly what I meant (more setup than pure coding, but
>> yeah)
>
> what about my other question that you clipped?

this one?
> are you saying you launched the bot for the purpose of collecting
> peoples
> conversations, without their knowledge, so you could report and stop
> what
> you think are problems with evolt?

As this one is mutually exclusive with the last one (ie they
can't both be true), the answer is obviously "Not
only have I never said that, I have explicitly said that
that is not the case on several occasions, at least three
of which have been this evening"

If you don't believe me this time, there's no point
in repeating myself again.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,