[Theforum] IRC Bot - thepfy

cspruck at mindspring.com cspruck at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 28 16:43:03 CST 2001

If pro-bot people want to keep suggesting that people who don't want to be logged start their own channel, why can't people who want to troubleshoot a bot start THEIR own channel?

Why does bot testing have to be done in #evolt, unless it's something specific to evolt issues like running a meeting or voting or whatever? If a bot has some utility like time, weather, user last seen on... and so forth, that might be worthwhile, but I really see no point in the name calling kind of crap.

I'd rather see no bots at all, than have to question and argue over bots, logs, and people.

More thoughts later - haven't been able to digest the backlog of mail yet.

Chris