[Theforum] IRC Bot - thepfy

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Dec 28 17:43:38 CST 2001

On Friday, December 28, 2001, at 11:38  pm, Ron Dorman wrote:

>  but i saw a big contradiction in Martins
> talk and his actions and would like to know what is really going on
> with this
> situation..

Ron

There is no contradiction.

http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20011224/002167.html
specifically:
> why ask it *again*?
>
> You and others have asked me almost a dozen times already
> and the answer hasn't changed.
>
> Every single time I've said "For troubleshooting
> purposes"

(later clarification: for the purpose of troubleshooting
thepfy only)

> How many times have those archives been posted publicly?
> Sum total: zero
>
> I don't take action like posting logs publicly without instruction
> from theforum (admin before that) to do so. That's my ethical
> standard and has always been. I don't know whose standard
> you're judging this on, but it's not mine.
>
> If theforum wishes #evolt to be like every other evolt public space,
> I'm happy to publish logs. If theforum wishes #evolt to be unlike
> other evolt public spaces, I'll maintain the logs privately for
> troubleshooting purposes as I do now.

http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20011224/002208.html

This has been both my position and my actions at all times. I don't
think this needs further explanation. If you wish to make baseless
accusations, perhaps you need to consider how they are helping?

I have nothing to add to this now or in the future.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,