[Theforum] IRC vote - was: time spent, was: IRC Bot - thepfy

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Dec 28 17:59:10 CST 2001

On Friday, December 28, 2001, at 11:50  pm, A. Erickson wrote:

>> If so:
>> Option A:
>>      The channel is a public evolt channel called #evolt
>> which follows
>> the same rules
>>      as the rest of evolt's public spaces, which is to say, the same
>> standard
>>      of behaviour and the same public archiving[1].
>
> -1.
>
>>      If the only way to archive this is with a bot, the bot will be
>>      clearly identified as such, and will not respond to
>> other users on
>>      the channel. No other bots will be permitted in this channel.
>>      No previous archives held by bot owners may be made public.
>>      Standards of behaviour will be maintained by a number of ops in
>>      a range of timezones[2].
>
> Abstain. If this solves a problem then I'm for it. If it creates another
> then I'm against it.

Amanda

This option is a package - if you're voting -1 then you're voting it all
down.

>> Option B:
>>      All other evolt public spaces join #evolt in being unarchived,
>>      including thelist, thechat, thesite, thetips, theforum and Admin.
>
> -1.

Sorry that the explanation of 'the first item is a +/-1 vote with "if
yes, then A or B"'
wasn't clear enough.

If you're +1 on having a channel, you have an either/or choice on A or
B -
you choose one or the other.

If you don't want either, then the vote is -1 to an evolt channel.
That's what I'm recording at the moment.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,