[Theforum] evolt IA

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Dec 28 18:41:23 CST 2001

At 06:11 AM 12/29/2001, rudy937 typed these words:

>okay, a newsletter -- except that it'll only have the article announcements
>
>i just think that "newsletter" might still scare away some potential
>subscribers to this important service

You think? OK, "article announcements" then.

>(wouldn't it be neat, for example, if moreover.com signed up and added our
>articles to their feeds? do our articles have to be rss or whatever they
>are?)

I think (but am not sure) that content providers pay for that based on
traffic to their sites. Anyone else know more about this? We obviously
can't pay.

I'm working on a list of things we could do to promote evolt content
online. I'll post it as soon as I make it coherent.

>did anybody have opinions on whether the announcements should continue to go
>to thelist too?
>
>my suggestion is we stop sending them to thelist but automatically subscribe
>everybody initially to thearticles

This was voted upon in theforum some weeks back. Your above suggestion is
what we agreed on.
(which makes me wonder if we should have a repository for voted issues ;)

>rudy
>posting from a different planet, it appears

Why so?

Madhu
posting from a different time zone :P