[Theforum] ballot not complete (and perspective)

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Mon Dec 31 11:09:17 CST 2001

and mattwarden wrote:
> I just wanted to point out that neither of those terms were used because
> of ANYTHING related to #evolt.
>
> And, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember a single person ever saying
> anything negative about evolt because of IRC.

Technically correct, but I think it misses Elfur's point. Since I made the
infamous 'vitriol' comment based on a similar situation, this is how it
applies here: I think we all know how many chances most visitors will give a
website - one. And that usually lasts about 10 seconds. Maybe not real
stats, and maybe not totally applicable to a list or IRC, but I think my
willingness to give evolt.org three chances instead of one is probably an
exception, not the rule. If #evolt isn't held to the same standards as all
of evolt.org, we'll eventually alienate someone. The professional stance is
to make sure we don't.

joel