newsletter vs. new article notification (was Re: [Theforum] evolt IA)

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Wed Jan 2 14:15:47 CST 2002

> | All of that said, I would prefer if the announcements still went to
> thelist.

Not me.
If I choose to opt out of theheadlines, then I wouldn't want to see said
headlines sent to thelist. If you force thelist to be subscribed to
theheadlines, then you force people's hand in receiving something which they
may or may not want.
Yeah, I know, right now it stands that way. It's sent to thelist regardless
of what people want. But if we're going to have this second list, then we
should milk it for all its worth.

I am in favour of force-subscribing everyone who's currently on thelist to
theheadlines, though. And those who don't want to can remove themselves.
Otherwise, inertia will mean that most thelist members would not subscribe.

my 2 cnd cents
Nicole