[Theforum] Re: newsletter vs. new article notification (was Re: [Theforum]evolt IA)

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Jan 2 15:55:10 CST 2002

> maybe we just mass-sub people on thelist to our new list, and them
> let them opt-out(and i only say out instead of in because they're
> already in), while *also* having the checkbox to sub to that list default
> to 'on' as it does now for thelist when a person registers for evolt.org

that's it, that's it exactly

and how you announce it makes all the difference in the world

take a positive approach

"good news! today we are offering evolt subscribers the added convenience
of blocking those annoying article announcements that until today were sent
to thelist!  these announcements are now being routed to a new list called
thearticles!!  if you wish to continue receiving these announcements, you
don't have to do anything!!  how easy is that!?!  and if you really really
don't need the article announcements -- for example, the evolt site is your
home page, and/or you pop over there several times a day already -- then
just go to http-la-de-da-evolt.org and unsubscribe!!"

done and done, nobody has to follow up, conversion rate will be in the high
nineties, and we can push the announcement service to other outlets

rudy