[Theforum] Re: newsletter vs. new article notification (was Re: [Theforum]evolt IA)

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Wed Jan 2 22:11:27 CST 2002

I'm coming into this conversation a little late - working away from the
net all day - but I think rudy has the best solution to this issue.

I see this as telling the subscribers that we've "split" thelist and this
offshoot is giving them these benefits: 1- thelist will be more 'on-topic',
2- those that don't care for these notifications *can* drop off this new
list.

One thing more that can make it more palatable, include a link in the
announcement email that the user can click on and immediately, without
entering any more info, be unsubscribed from the new list.

just my $.0175 (been dealing with tax rates today ;) )

-Hugh