[Theforum] quick thought on our search boxes

john corry john at neoncowboy.com
Sat Jan 12 18:04:48 CST 2002

> Wait, I was talking radio buttons, not checkboxes. But I still agree
> with the way this thread is going, where we eventually allow for
> searching in multiple areas. But wouldn't the radio button option
> simplify things by only being able to choose one area to search? And
> wouldn't that be a good short term solution? Or am I showing my
> ignorance?

Hope its OK for me to get invlolved in this...

Many people will consider this obvious, but since you asked:

Check boxes would let me (user) search articles & comments, but not users.
Or any other combination. Limiting the user to only one search at a time
seems less friendly than giving them the choice of which source they want
their results from.

jpc