[Theforum] voting

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Jan 29 11:38:07 CST 2002

Voting is good, but in order to give everyone a chance to
participate, it would be nice if the voting period was always the
same and if that period was always longer than 24 hours.

I cannot for some reason get forum mail except via digest.  So a
quickie vote begins and ends before I have even found out that there
was a vote.

(yes, I could check the archives via web several times a day, but
that's just a bit much for me.)

We talked about this stuff when we did theprocess list & I understand
the wish to get things voted on and implemented.  But voting is a
stronger thing when it is structured and when the most voters are
able to participate.

Just something the forum might think about, as processes develop.

Erika