[Theforum] Re: voting

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Jan 29 21:42:21 CST 2002

> But how does that work in such a way as it minimises
> how evolt systematically excludes people?

"when did you stop beating your wife"

the issue on the table has been on the table since *december*

i was the one who first used the "v" word last friday --

  http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020121/002785.html

i am KICKING myself for using the "v" word

i am such an IDIOT, and i have been around here long enough to know better

if i hadn't used that friggin "v" word, we wouldn't have degenerated into
another friggin PROCESS DEBACLE and been forced to witness matt and isaac
sniping at each other (not to single you guys out, but there you go)

[whew, that felt good]

please allow me to point out that there has been not only a full weekend
since my unfortunate use of the "v" word, but also another 48 hours since
the weekend

several people have fed back their concerns, and, even more importantly, NO
TIME LIMIT was set for the "v" which should never had been a "v" in the
first place

so, do we still need discussion, or is there some kind of consensus?

erika, i am sorry if you feel you have not had a chance to weigh in on this
discussion

the idea of the announcements mailing list has been around for a month now,
but i hasten to add that there's still plenty of time to voice your
concerns about a separate mailing list

if your concerns are with the "v" process, then please let me reassure you
that on this particular issue, it is a very informal and relaxed process we
have going here, and there's no need for us to hurry until everyone's happy

is everyone happy with carving off the announcements list?  perhaps i
should ask, is anyone not happy with it?

rudy