[Theforum] web-based voting system

Louis P Bennett lbenne01 at tufts.edu
Wed Jan 30 11:57:48 CST 2002

> Having an application that handles start & end times & tallying would
> be very very very very very helpful. ;-)
>
> There are qualities I think that are important to processes
> (including but not limited to voting):
>
> - simplicity -- a group so large and loose needs to be able to
> understand a process with a minimum of study.
>
> - fairness -- a process should be set up to be as fair as possible to
> all participants.
>
> - documentation -- everything needs to be written down clearly and
> kept in an easy to find location.

Another cool thing about a voting system would be that it could send out
an e-mail to theforum (perhaps with a specific subject) announcing
votes. People who can't/don't necessarily keep on top of every day's
posts could thus create a filter to highlight posts from the system that
required their votes.

-Louis