[Theforum] Re: voting

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Wed Jan 30 12:03:39 CST 2002

> If I learned anything from the process experiment (are the
> archives still up? --I could never remember the URL.) I
> learned that in a group this large and loose, simplicity is
> also very important.  I think that our voting system at the
> process was a bit too complex.

+1

And, I think many of us felt that it was indeed an experiment. We had to
see if we could do it. We had to try it out. I think we learned a lot
from that exercise.

> - simplicity -- a group so large and loose needs to be able
> to understand a process with a minimum of study.

Ding that!

> - fairness -- a process should be set up to be as fair as
> possible to all participants.

I agree.

> - documentation -- everything needs to be written down
> clearly and kept in an easy to find location.

That would be nice. Simple processes would hopefully only need rather
simple instructions. And that should be a goal.

Our history at evolt just keeps getting longer...we need to keep track
of it somehow. (In my opinion.)

- amanda