[Theforum] Re: voting

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Wed Jan 30 15:36:42 CST 2002

"A. Erickson" wrote:

> >     i understand your goal (create something good that will
> > last over time) and
> >     support it.  but we will probably disagree on the best
> > way to accomplish it.
> >
> >     That's people and life.
>
> I realize that, Ron. In fact, I *know* it.
>
> However, where do we draw the line? Do we disagree until the whole thing
> is just ground into dust or do we work to find that common ground and
> make it happen?

preferably it should never go so far as to waste a good thing.  we listen
and find middle ground compromises that work best for all involved.  a lot
of times, listening will bring to light, that the opinions and solutions
offered by different people are not as far apart as originally perceived.

> That's a rhetorical question, by the by. I'm glad that you support the
> idea of sustainability. Maybe we can just start there.

yes, but they can be fun too.  i don't think there is anyone involved with
evolt that does not want it to be sustained.  listening and thinking will
allow us to make decisions that build the sustainability.

Ron D.