[Theforum] process & voting

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Jan 30 21:08:35 CST 2002

> ... if, and when, we ever get the Major (mailing list software)
> to talk nice to Oracle, we may want to use list membership as a
> trigger for voting privs.  Realistically and technically, I don't know
how
> much of an issue that is now or into the future.

but list membership is outside oracle, right?

hence UEUE?

oh, and we haven't tackled members versus users yet, and that has to take
precedence or be an integral part of the UEUE solution

> My understanding is that mysql uses standard sql, so, generally,
> you should be fine.  Rudy or Matt, anything one needs to be especially
> aware of with mysql?

unfortunately mysql is *not* standard -- it's close, but it has some wacky
extensions, and it's missing some things like subqueries, which may or may
not be important, depending on what you're trying to do

rudy