[Theforum] headlines -- trying here

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 01:48:46 CST 2002

> 2. new subscribers see the option pre-checked, so they
> can turn it off if
> they want when they sign up, but it's default is on...

This is the only one I have a problem with. I think that
the image associated with auto checked boxers is
disreputable, because of the amount of spam things sent
that way. New people to evolt might consider evolt not as
trustworthy for some reason.

Also, instead of a subscribing option on thelist page, I
believe theheadlines (or whatever it's called) should have
it's own leo page like all the other lists do. That way
people who don't sign up for thelist can still sub to it.
They may want the announcements but not be interested in
thelist.

One suggestion I had was that on succesfull signup users
would be greeted with the option "Now that you've signed up
for evolt, would you like [link]announcements[/link] to be
mailed out to you to keep you abreast of new articles and
other chnages to evolt."

Lach