[Theforum] Re: VotingRegs

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Sun Feb 3 18:15:42 CST 2002

> Ok, sounded to me like you were talking about voting RESULTS. When you
> said "either open to certain groups", i took it as referring to the
> results mentioned in the preceding parenthetical.

I think that we'd rarely want to restrict viewing of any results. Certainly
not for any common theforum issues that I can foresee.

> Admittedly, I haven't throught it all the way through, but I don't see how
> it would be possible to restrict the results to anyone other than the
> entire group of voters. In a poll, where the entire group is most likely
> everyone, it'd be impossible (assuming I'm right about only being able to
> restrict results to pool of voters) to restrict in any manner.

Wouldn't be hard to flag a vote with:

 - view results: group 1 (all of theforum)
 - vote: group 2 (subset of registered voters from theforum)

Or:

 - view results: group 3 (elite group of 3)
 - vote: group 4 (superset of group 3)

Am I missing something?

Not that we'd need to do that, but I'd imagine that the application would be
build with that in place.

isaac