[Theforum] Re: VotingReqs

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Sun Feb 3 20:34:56 CST 2002

--
> by the way, when did the subject change from 'VotingReqs' to
'VotingRegs'
> :)

I don't think that I did. It was like that when I came in this
morning...
--

My bad.

--
> should we be moving this to thesite?

Yes.
--

I have no problems with that. I'm not sure what changes need to be made
if any at this point.

Here's how I see the app working: official votes = no running results.
Public polling = running results.

What I still don't understand is whether these two things should share
the same architecture or the same requirements.

I see public polling happening on w.e.o and in such a manner that
*anyone* could participate whether or not they are logged in or even
have a user/login.

I see official votes working in an a.e.o environment and never showing
the results until we are finished. When we were discussing this awhile
back, I argued against this but Scott Dexter made some compelling
arguments for hiding results until finished and I agree with him.
Results should not be shown until after a vote has ended.

If you (anyone) disagree, then I would appreciate some amended wording
to put into the requirements document.

- amanda