[Theforum] Re: Changes to the VotingReqs document

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Feb 4 14:36:25 CST 2002

At 02:03 AM 2/5/2002, A. Erickson wrote:
>-- I can also see how many out of the total voters have already voted
>but not who they are or *how* they voted.
>-- I can go back at anytime the vote is open, login and change my vote
>if I like.
>-- After the close of the vote. The results are shown but not who vote
>or how.
>
>Are we on the same page? Anyone disagree with this method?

Lemme see if I can beat Jeff on this one ;)

What (I think) he means is:

1) If you're a registered user (i.e., eligible to vote), the db will record
a) that you voted and b) what your vote was
2) People with access to the db (a handful among the admins) can still see
what you voted, though it will take some work. All other people, however,
will not be able to.
3) Considering point 2, *absolute* anonymity will not exist. A few people
will still be able to see the results, but the public will not.

And yes, the *results* will be shown only at the end of the voting period.

Did I get that right, Jeff?

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon