[Theforum] Re: Changes to the VotingReqs document

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Mon Feb 4 20:15:39 CST 2002

---jeff said:---
i also considered the possibility when this request was made.  the
potential
for that sort of problem is enough, to me, to warrant not permitting
anonymity.  i have a feeling i know why anonymity is being requested.
however, ultimately, if you vote a particular way you should be prepared
defend your position.  otherwise, why the heck are you even voting.
*grin*
----------------

Well, that's true but that's not the only reason. I also don't want any
bullying based on votes down the line. "Well, you voted that but now
you're voting this?!" It's not really fair. I don't want the tally to be
misused.

If we have to keep a record somehow and there's no way to guarantee
total anonymity then I think we should discuss who has access to this
data and make sure that there are safeguards in place to keep it as
anonymous as possible.

If, as Ron mentioned -- we need to use that data then, if possible, that
should be stated beforehand and before the vote finalizes. Then whoever
has access to the data can go and fetch it.

Does that cover everything?

- amanda