[Theforum] Changes to the VotingReqs document

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at elfur.is
Tue Feb 5 14:38:42 CST 2002

.| elfur,
.|
.| > you're not selecting which one to insert the data into,  you're
.| >inserting the data into both of them when  anonymous, but only one
.| >otherwise.  you then run  another query only if the type is
.| anonymous.
.| >i honestly  don't see the big issue your making off it.
.| ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
.|
.| ok, if i'm inserting the data into both tables when it's
.| anonymous, how the hell am i creating anonymity?  the data
.| all still sits, complete with userid, in the main table.
.| what's the purpose of the "anonymous votes" table then?
.| answer, it has no purpose so it doesn't belong in the data model.

everything but the userid would of course go to the first table when
using the anonymous way. and only the userid and the questionid would go
into the second (the core things needed to make sure that one userid
can't vote twice)

i'd like to add, that i *am* thinking of this for us, and mentioning
sourceforge as an extra. i still believe that we should have the
anonymous voting for a certain *few* but important things. There is a
reason why this is done when voting in normal elections and it has to do
with attempting to maintain comfortability for the voter.

I still maintain my belief that some things i shouldn't have to explain
my position on, and *noone* should be able to figure out my position on
it, not even those with root access or db access to the computer/db.

but if the majority doesn't care, i won't fight for it further.

thanks
*the persistent one*