[Theforum] Current WEO elements

Isaac Forman isaac at triplezero.com.au
Wed Feb 6 18:19:43 CST 2002

To spark some discussion, I've placed a GIF of our current WEO elements
online:

http://members.evolt.org/isaac/evolt/current_elements.gif

They're numbered as they're (generally) prioritised right now. i.e., number
1 is in the most important position (top-left), etc.

Obviously with the redesign, we'll be adding features (and probably not
dropping any).

Right now, I'd like to hear ideas on what could be improved.

Here are some of my thoughts:

 - branding is right where it is.
 - positioning statement is in the worst possible position! it should be #2
in priority.
 - footer is fine where it is (duh)
 - the admin tools should have a show/hide facility, because right now
they're quite long
 - the search tools are reasonably positioned, but take up too much space
 - cat nav is inappropriately handled, but appropriately positioned
 - org-wide projects are well-positioned, but receive little attention
 - org-wide info nav (contact/about/etc) is well-positioned, but poorly
executed
 - account tools should probably be shifted to the header if they are
org-wide.

etc.

This image http://members.evolt.org/isaac/evolt/rough.gif shows a rough
guide that we should probably follow with our future layout (we do follow it
currently to some extent).

Thoughts?

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au