[Theforum] inventory

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Tue Feb 19 14:58:04 CST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, aardvark wrote:
> > So, whats the next step?
>
> can i assume this is for the NFP status?

no, its because a few were wondering what i was doing with donations made
to evolt.org and so it was clear what was mine and what was evolts..

> if so, we'll need all this to do all the financial parts of the NFP...
> when you were talking to the lawyers, how far did you get?

we got pretty far. strangely, you're the second person in as many days to
ask what the status of the NFP is after a number of months.. we didn't get
approved, for what i think are fairly obvious reasons.

as the BOD that was
put in place during that time(you and i being two of them) hasn't put any
of the bylaws into practice, or attempted to since August(when i tried to
get the membership proceedures in place, which ran into a wall), or that
one or two(i can't keep track) BOD members had resigned and their
positions hadn't been filled, and a number of other things, i think its
safe to say that evolt.orgs initial attempt to become an NFP didn't work
out.

i only failed to mention it untill now because no one has seemed concerned
about it except a bit around christmas, or back in october.

at any rate, its not a huge failure, and i think we all learned something
from it.

> and if you're not using the creamy filling in oreo.evolt.org, can you
> pass it over to me?

oy. i'm not even going there :)

.djc.