[Theforum] inventory

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Feb 20 18:18:54 CST 2002

> perhaps charge for meo accounts?  it would certainly be easy to
> rationalize
> a buck a month times a thousand accounts and there's your co-lo costs

I agree with that. We have a winner!  And even then, how fucking cheap is
$15-30/year for such a variety of backend and learning opportunities, good
sys-admin'ing, etc.

> another idea is domain hosting for members -- i'd move my personal and
> business domains in a flash, if i thought the service was even
> semi-permanent (but not if it's dismantled next month -- i need a bit more
> longevity)

Yes, depending on price (I pay US$150/yr for CF hosting ATM) I could
consider moving some stuff (no guarantees though).

> in any case, we haven't nearly tapped "plan a" (donations) enough

I agree. But I don't think going with plan a and plan b virtually
concurrently is too bad (not sure how necessary it is).

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au