fundraising/hosting (was Re: [Theforum] inventory)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 20 18:19:02 CST 2002

rudy and dave had some good ideas...

for instance, i pay $20/month for hosting roselli.org... i get ASP off
that... i never would move it until i had learned PHP (which i'm
doing)...

but if suddenly with ChiliASP on meo, if you charged, say, $25, i
would move my shiznit there as fast as i could get the DNS to
swing over...

also, banner ads...

that was a joke... however, if we have a "donate" link, that can
help...

having NFP status, however, makes donations much more
attractive to everyone involved... if i didn't know you, or me, i
wouldn't hand over my money as a donation without confidence it
didn't go to your tanqueray habit... but i would pay for hosting...
that's a service with definite value.. but then you're on the hook as
support (probably more than you are now)...

tagwear is a great idea that won't pay the bills (IMO), but it is
definitely worth exploring (again)...

for those who have the password, i still have the original tagwear on
my staging server at http://staging1.algonquinstudios.com/evolt/

it is *old* code...

other, lamer ideas...

- 10 cent donation for each browser download... mail it in large
bills...

- pay listings on deo...

- ummm...