[Theforum] inventory

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Wed Feb 20 19:24:18 CST 2002

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, rudy wrote:
> perhaps charge for meo accounts?  it would certainly be easy to rationalize
>
> a buck a month times a thousand accounts and there's your co-lo costs
>
> another idea is domain hosting for members -- i'd move my personal and
> business domains in a flash, if i thought the service was even
> semi-permanent (but not if it's dismantled next month -- i need a bit more
> longevity)
>
> forty members at 25 bucks a month and boom, as john madden would say

good ideas, i'm glad we brought it up in the survey to take a pulse.

> by the way, dan, your announcement about chilisoft to member account
> holders was a great summary of where we stand --
>
>    For those of you who don't know, evolt.org provides this
>    (what i think is great) service for free to all of you to learn and
>    play on, asking nothing in return. evolt.org also has no
>    advertisements on our website, within our mailing lists, or
>    on *YOUR* websites. In fact, just about the only way that evolt.org
>    raises money is by donations from our members.
>
> let's move this type of advocacy up from meo to weo and make it easier to
> find than it is now

thanks! i think its important to occasionaly remind old folks or newcomers
what evolt.org is really about, and how we do it differently. i've talked
to a number of people over the last year who were amazed when they found
out we're non-commercial

what did you have in mind for "movin on up"? weezy? ;)

.djc.