[Theforum] Re: competitions (was: fundrasing/hosting)

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Feb 21 20:44:49 CST 2002

Ron wrote:
>(1) Competitions

I'd definitely be down for some of this action. If it's feasable, I'd like
to do it whether we charge or not.

Not sure how we'd ensure impartiality (same issue with admins rating other
admins' articles -- regardless of whether there's some rating inflation
there, one could look at it that way). If we're awarding $$$, that's an
issue.

Nice idea, tho. I'd definitely want to get into some programming
competitions. Check this out (it has a good format):

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2001/nov01/11-27beststudentpr.asp
http://www.msdnaa.net/wscontest/

worth exploring.

--