[Theforum] Evolt certification?

Joel Canfield Joel at spinhead.com
Wed Feb 27 09:47:10 CST 2002

>Absolutely...that is one of the intents of doing the research.
>Also (brain fart from last night) I was thinking that Evolt
>might be able to offer various tests that might be devised
>during the process. A Certified Evolter?
>

>Thanks!
>
>Jay

[ . . . ]

>Hi Jay and Joel
>
>Any danger of an evolt article out of the back end of this?
>
>Cheers
>Martin

Fame and glory in the Halls of evolt were my primary motivations. Now that
I've had a top 5 article (for 7 whole minutes!) it's like blood in the water
. . . which way to the feeding frenzy?

And I LOVE the idea of providing SOME way for folks to check their own
knowledge or that of others.

<aside>I know there were lots of 'corrections' to Jay's answers, but I'm way
more interested in the questions. I may or may not stick strictly to a point
system for scoring. I just wanna see what my applicants will say. And I
wanna see their writing skills - documentation! procedures! communication!
And I wanna see if they think like me to some degree; I realize you don't
have to know what SGML is to code, but when I first read my big fat book on
SGML three years ago, I was already mentally designing a language like XML.
It gave me a huge conceptual jump start when XML started appearing.</aside>

joel