[Theforum] Re: [offlist] flash accessibility/usability

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 28 10:09:41 CST 2002

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>
>
> would the new list moderator mind at least cc'ing me in when you
> contact people?

we have a new list moderator?

oh, you mean *me*?  i'm new?  cool...

seriously, i cc'd admin...  that's where we've always addressed
these global issues, and that's how i've always done it (i can track
down dozens of posts i cc'd to admin asking people to trim in the
old admin archives if you want precedent)...

but last i checked, we all acted as moderators...

acting as a list admin is a different thing, something i can no longer
do (although i did have that access at one point)...

> it causes confusion when people see him saying he got a negative
> scolding from who they think is the list moderator, and then they want
> to talk about why/how i scolded him.

check the admin archives... it's all there... he's responded to me
offlist as well, so i can cc admin on that, but i tend to not cc private
emails to a public forum without the sender's consent... so, who
has it caused confusion to?

if people have an issue with what i did, or want accountability, point
them to the cc in the public admin archives:
http://lists.evolt.org/adminarchive/Week-of-Mon-
20020225/002070.html

by the way, he said "...the moderator who sent me a [due]
scolding..." which means he referenced just the person who sent it,
and he recognizes he deserved it...

unless you're getting offlist email about this, what's the problem?

and by the way, there are at least, as evidenced by the offlist posts
i got last night, a dozen *more* people who think i am *a*
moderator (although they know you admin the list), which is part of
the reason i sent that post -- people pointed it out to me offlist
because they perceive me as a moderator...  and i cc'd you on an
offlist one about the fortune elkins thread, too, so don't think i'm
keeping you out of the loop...

guess i'm just wondering why you think i stepped on your toes...