[Theforum] Web based forum

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Thu Mar 7 11:22:30 CST 2002

From: "Alan Lloyd" <alan.lloyd0 at btinternet.com>

| > but isn't that partly what the archives are for?
| >
| > thanks
| > elfur
|
|  I can see the archives are useful and do serve a purpose. But there is
no
| interaction there. There might be people who would find it useful.

ah, now i get it.

| It was just a thought anyway.

don't get me wrong, i'm not shooting your idea down :) i just didn't see
the point ... until you and john made it stronger :)

now, having the list interactive on the web is a noble idea, but the
question is how do we implement it then. we would have to make all posts
also receive to the inboxes of those who prefer that solution.

hmmm, this sounds interesting .... the possibility of being subscribed to
thelist without actually receiving any email ... and that would even
facilitate for those on vacation with no access to *their* email box, they
would perhaps somehow still be able to participate.

worth looking into further, if you ask me (now that i get what you were
pointing out ;)

thanks
elfur