[Theforum] RE: [everywhere] Article Alert - Micropayments Pushed in Norway

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 13 10:55:08 CST 2002

> From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
>
> >we know:
> >- we want to keep all existing capability
>
> that's twice today that you've said this

is that all?

> is it true?  i'll accept it if that's how we truly feel, but speaking
> only for myself, i think the home page is already way too cluttered

now who's talking design?

> and yes, let's keep all existing capability, but does that imply it
> all has to stay on the home page?

no, but we need to ensure that when we roll out a new version, we
don't remove things on which users have come to rely... that's like
rolling out a new version of a browser and not letting users
determine what their default editor is for View Source -- the
expectation was there, the function was there, the users used it, it
went away... the users got, well, pissed...

> for example, i think a list of latest job postings is something that
> should be removed from the home page

while i don't necessarily disagree, why?  what reasons beyond
personal preference?

> but i will gladly shut up if all these questions have already been
> answered and i just haven't remembered the decisions... or where to
> find them (hint, hint)...

elfur is wiki... and i don't see anything there.... yet...