[Theforum] Re: Redesign (was: Article Alert...)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 13 14:37:22 CST 2002

> From: "Warden, Matt" <mwarden at mattwarden.com>
>
> boy, was *this* thread hidden  :)

heh... whoops...

> should this be on thesite? i thought theforum would decide things like
> "yes, we should do a redesign" and then it would go to thesite for the
> implementation. maybe i'm wrong. if i am, i guess i gotta read this
> list too  :)

i think thesite can offer great feedback on this, but we're still
identifying needs and the like, so we're at a much higher level (i
hope) than specific technical issues...

but we do need to be prepared to hand off when appropriate -- for
instance, if we decide multilingual is the future, we should hand
that off directly to get feedback (since thesite ain't just for
building)...

> rudy wrote:
> >for example, i think a list of latest job postings is something that
> >should be removed from the home page
>
> +4.73
>
> at the *very* least, they shouldn't be displayed higher than "highest
> rated articles" and "recent hot discussions" in the sidebar.

+1